Tuesday 22 April 2014

Eden Project.

Wow. At long last, I have been to the Eden Project - what a place it is.

Before I begin, I must say that there is more to the Eden Project than the famous domes - nevertheless it was the rainforest dome ("biome") which really did capture my imagination.

Indeed, one senses that the entire place is sculpted with that in mind: to capture every visitor's imagination, rather than impress a select few interested in botany. The intense heat, the paths meandering through surprisingly established-looking environments, the props, structures and artwork positioned playfully around each corner. It all comes together to tremendous effect.

I won't describe everything in laborious detail, I'm not sure that would be in keeping with the place. However, I shall say that, upon leaving, I felt great contentment in having spent a day in such fascinating surroundings as well as an instant desire to return. I hope that is a feeling I can recreate in future gardens of my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment