Saturday 10 September 2016

A few final glances at Hyde Hall.

As he sets out upon adventure in The Lord of the Rings, Frodo Baggins draws mockery from his dear friends for endlessly looking over his shoulder, sighing and "muttering: 'Shall I ever look down into that valley again, I wonder,' and things like that." As I begin packing, it has occurred to me that there are certain views and delights of Hyde Hall that I have enjoyed a hundred times and shown my family & friends but never described on the blog. A little brief and a little late, but I thought I might make amends for that now.

Andy T's Aussie Border (or less informally, the Australia & New Zealand Garden created by Andy Tebbutt).
Anemanthele grass, white libertia, glorious eucalyptus trees - and best of all, tall blue-flowered Solanum laciniatum which appeared as weeds but being Australian were hastily added to the party's guestlist.



Amaryllis belladonna (left) and an Albizia tree (above) flower in the Dry Garden,
which naturally comes into its own during the burning heat of late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment