Saturday 10 September 2016

Trees in London.

I'm always thrilled to pass through London - I love the buildings, the parks and the museums, even the underground. Not every day of my life has been a Richard Curtis film but I certainly do experience that feel-good sensation walking through the capital. However, it encourages one of my worst habits: 'people watching'. A perfectly innocent pastime, and an understandable one given the fabulous array of cultures and jobs and individual faces you see there. However, when someone does notice me pondering their business or admiring their hat before I can look away, it does occur to me that my intentions need only be misinterpreted once for a black eye or a police caution. This week I thus resolved to channel my gaze toward another marvel of London.

The city's history of encouraging tree planting and park creation has made for a very leafy present day. In the last minute or so I've learnt that the oldest plane trees here date back to 1789, and I'm very tempted to spend my Saturday looking more deeply into all of this! Indeed there are actually walks designed to take a visitor past some of London's most glorious giants. However, I just thought I would take a few photos of some of the loveliest trees lining my way as I walked from the business district to Euston railway station.






No comments:

Post a Comment