Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas!


When it came to Christmas cards this year, I couldn't resist drawing my feathered friend in the garden, who has followed me faithfully as I rake the grass.
We have not even reached the 25th yet, but two perfect gardening gifts have already been given to me - a beautiful tamper and handy dibber! 




The family already has a tree but, for future reference, I'll make a note of the different species:

     Abies fraseri ("Fraser Fir"):   Good needle-holding, fragrance, shape.
     Abies koreana ("Korean Fir"):   Good needle-holding, dark curling needles.
     Abies nordmanniana ("Nordmann Fir"):   V good needle-holding, dark. Expensive.
     Picea abies ("Norway Spruce"):   Traditional. Poor needle-holding, fragrance.
     Picea pungens ("Blue Spruce"):   Fair needle-holding, blue and prickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment